Saturday 15 January 2011

Write A Poem About Being In A Situation Where Someone Is Not Giving Good Non-Verbal Communication

I always forget to hand in my homework. Whenever you don't give it in on time, my Physcology teacher makes you hand it in the next day with a poem relevant to what we'd been learning. She chose the following subject: Write A Poem About Being In A Situation Where Someone Is Not Giving Good Non-Verbal Communication.This is what I came up with;

Your lips are moving but your eyes are elswhere.
The floor.
Your arms hang limp at your sides, your feet turned slightly inwards.
Are you nervous? I wonder. Are you scared?
This is getting uncomfortable.
Are we having a conversation? Or are you just talking?
Thats ok. I'm a good listener.
But wait! Movement!
You are not a robot after all!
Oh. You're just crossing your arms.
Your eyes haven't left the floor.
Do you want to be here?
Your lips are still moving. But are you even speaking?
You're shutting me out.
But you're locking me in.
I'm trapped.



...I didn't think. I just wrote. Please tell me what you think- if anybody is actually reading this?

Thanks :) <3

1 comment:

  1. Jess, it's good.
    Better than any of my poems. :)

    ReplyDelete