Tuesday 18 January 2011

The Artist

Had a shit day at school today. I felt ill and they wouldn't let me go home so I was sent to Sick Bay. Which is a tiny room under the stairs in one of the buildings. Now I know how Harry Potter felt. I was like Alice stuck in the White Rabbit's house. It was awful, I felt like the walls were closing in on me, the ticking clock sounded so loud. Time went really fast. Then really slow. I think I'm insane. The floor started to swirl and I started to grow- I couldn't fit in that stupid room under the stairs. I started hyperventilating. Then there was noise outside, lessons were over, it was lunch. All the chatter outside seemed to snap me out of...well whatever the fuck was wrong with me. I left.

I came home and spent the evening working hard on my art. I wasn't concentrating on what I was drawing, just how I was drawing. It wasn't until I stopped and looked that I realised I had drawn a picture of an anorexic girl who was ridiculously tall. In the mirror she saw a small woman, it was only in height that she was small because she was morbidly obese. I didn't plan on drawing this. I just did. Interpret it how you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment